Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac or PC
Oh god - I foresee bloodshed.

PC, all the way around. Macs are vastly overpriced, more difficult to upgrade, and the OS is not all that great. They tout their whole "not having viruses" as if it's because their OS is superior, which is retarded. If you were an a-hole who could program and you wanted to cause the most damage possible, would you make a virus for the OS that like 10% of people use or the one that about 70% use? Obviously, they go for the majority: Windows. AKA a PC. That being said, a so-called "PC" can run any OS...it's just that people identify PC (Personal Computer) with Windows.

That being said, Vista is crap. XP is great, though.

I spent about $800 4 years ago for a desktop (built my own) - at the time, it was upper middle level. I could run any game out at the time, and can still do so now after $175 or so of upgrades over the past year or so.
The only catch is that I may need to add in 2 more case fans if I upgrade much more - it's not running hot yet, but I suspect it would get a little warm if I used a top-of-the-line gfx card (the ones that are $400-ish) since I leave my comp going 25/7. I can get several months uptime before a restart.

As far as laptops, most windows-based mass-produced laptops BLOW! You have to do your research. I bought a laptop from ASUS (**not*** Acer, dont get 'em confused!), and it can run every game I through at it, and, of course, oblivion on full. I've dropped it twice, and one of my friends accidentally put a chair ON IT and then proceeded to sit in the chair. It still works perfectly. And amazingly cheap for a high quality laptop - about $1,200. Mine can preform just as well as any macbook and at 1/2 the cost or less.

Messages In This Thread