Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right now I'm.... (All posts pertaining to new show site)
Quote:I had thought it was just me going through my "I'm totally interested. . . but not so much anymore." things that I tend to cycle through a lot.

ME TOO!!

Mike, for me there are more things that have changed. Most of them are subtle, but when you step back and look at them as a collective, that's where the problems begin.

Example: The new intros. Yeah, it's "just" an intro, and I'd be the first to admit that if it were ONLY the intros, that would be pretty petty. But they sound cheesy, commercial, and like every other show on the radio. Remember, what made FBHW so appealing was that they WEREN'T cheesy or like every other show.

Factor in the loss of some of the regular bits, the new (weak) site, the "VIP" concept (which is way too overdone in radio), etc. It's just not the same show, and it's beyond the addition of "Steev" (whom, incidentally, I actually don't mind. It's cool having a fresh perspective weighing in.)

EDIT: Forgot to mention the total 180-degree position they've apparently taken on the boards. They used to mention the boards, give us a playful hard time, and so on. But now that they've got their big-ass fancy boards, they've actually gone on the attack. They used to suggest that it was the "diehards" who made up this community of ours. If that's the case, why impugn these forums and those who post here?

Messages In This Thread