Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kid Leashes
Queenie Wrote:I've never used them, but don't necessarily think horrible of those who do. I just think it's a lazy way of keeping up with your kids IMHO. If I was in a crowd when my kids were little, they held my hand, whether they liked it or not. And they didn't run off because they knew they'd get that ass whipped if they did. My Momma didn't play that crap and neither did I.
Well yeah, no doubt. It is no excuse to not keep up with your kids. I have seen people with them and just ignore their kids. I believe it goes like that with a lot of things though. Parents just telling the kids to watch TV so they can do what they want and the kids just become these TV addicted drones and the like. As with any kind of tool that can be used in parenting there is a right way and a wrong way to use it. If my kids act out of line they know they will have trouble.

I can tell you my kids would never do like that kid did in the store with that lady, they both know if they did something like that they would either be spanked, lose their favorite toy(s), and/or have to sit in a corner for a good while.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]

Messages In This Thread