Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relocation...for the better of show?
As FBHW continue to grow their listener base, I think they are eventually going to have to leave GR or more importantly, the Eastern Time Zone. I've listened to them for years on WGRD, but now that I live in Denver, I have to rely on podcasts. It seems to me that as they continue to add Central time zone listening areas, the radio stations are going to want them on the air during the key hours of 6AM to 9AM. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but that's the only way I'll ever get them live in Denver :o

So for all the Grand Rapids listeners, if FBHW move to the Central time zone, would it affect your listening?

Everyone is leaving Michigan for jobs anyways :-X
Yes, they should move to accommodate you.
I will listen to them no matter where they go, but I would miss all their public appearances and so on and so forth.
Com'on they are in over 18 markets. As for the EST issue, Howie Stern has been doing it for years even before NY he was on where???? DETROIT, MI!!! I like that you want the show to grow, but taking the show out of MI won't make them more popular.

Get a podcast if you really want to listen.
i dont think moving would help either, b/c everyone here in michigan and on the east coast would be complaining
I can't listen to today's podcast while I drive to work...and I have a subscription.

A move to the Central time zone won't affect the Eastern time zone listeners during the key hours from 6am to 9am. And it would open the show to many more markets.
Is that how the network morning shows do it? Since things weren't working out for them in NYC, they moved west?
They all own homes in Michigan and with the way the housing market is they won't walk away any time soon.

Anyway, the premise of this thread is as ridiculous as asking Howard Stern to move from EST.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Big Whoop WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?

[Image: osgood_roy.jpg]
Turkey Face Wrote:Big Whoop WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?

[Image: osgood_roy.jpg]

HAHA, im lovin it
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
If they moved, which I don't think they will anytime soon, I'd still listen. I'd Podcast if I needed to.
If they were to move, they'd move to Nashville, I'm certain of it.
Zane nearly spooges his pants every time they mention the time they came here.
Mark the Valet Wrote:If they were to move, they'd move to Nashville, I'm certain of it.
Zane nearly spooges his pants every time they mention the time they came here.

hahaha! They started out in Nashville, right?
denverdave Wrote:hahaha! They started out in Nashville, right?

Well they all stared out at different places, but the current show as it is now got legs in Knoxville, TN -- about 3 hours east of Nashville.
When Albany signed on, they were pressured to move the show to Albany. They declined, as they like the "small-town" feel of Grand Rapids, plus they each grew up a few hours from here.
Threads like this are extremely lame. As if they will move to accommodate you, as if they wanna uproot their families and as if a thread on a forum will make a difference. Stop the QQ and just listen like everyone else does, however they can.
breadboy09 Wrote:Yes, they should move to accommodate you.

AGREED. Tough luck. You moved.

But in his same line of thinking, I saw the Statue of Liberty in New York once and I liked it and I want to see it again so I am going to ask the to move it into my backyard, here in Grand Rapids. Any one in the area is more then welcome to come look at it, at a cost of $1 mill...$1 billion dollars.
slicedbread Wrote:Threads like this are extremely lame. As if they will move to accommodate you, as if they wanna uproot their families and as if a thread on a forum will make a difference. Stop the QQ and just listen like everyone else does, however they can.

Lies, everyone knows that posting things on the internet makes a difference.
Why, just the other day I forwarded an email that will net me 20 grand because Bill Gates said he'd send money to people that would!
Also, this other time I forwarded an email that benefitted a dying child. See? The internet is magic.
dman99 Wrote:
breadboy09 Wrote:Yes, they should move to accommodate you.

AGREED. Tough luck. You moved.

But in his same line of thinking, I saw the Statue of Liberty in New York once and I liked it and I want to see it again so I am going to ask the to move it into my backyard, here in Grand Rapids. Any one in the area is more then welcome to come look at it, at a cost of $1 mill...$1 billion dollars.

You would get more visitors if you were to move it to the central time zone.......
It's too bad no one has invented things like tape delay. That would probably help the show as it moves west.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Admin Wrote:It's too bad no one has invented things like tape delay. That would probably help the show as it moves west.

They've tried tape delay in a few markets. They were broadcasting for a short time in Philly at night, but I don't think it took very well. It's a very interactive, listener-oriented show, so it would really need to be live in every time zone.

I guess some of the Central markets play the 5:00 hour as the last hour of the day, at 9:00 CT. That apparently works, since they play the flashback and don't usually take any calls.
Bottom line is they wanted to move to MI because they are from MI. I'm sure it's not entirely up to them...if some says they have to move, they'll move.
micyek Wrote:Bottom line is they wanted to move to MI because they are from MI. I'm sure it's not entirely up to them...if some says they have to move, they'll move.

Adn correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they go to CMU?
Yes they did.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Your from Colorado no one values your opinion anyway.
the rest of us are glad you can't listen live; otherwise we might have to hear more of your stupidity if you ever figured out how to work the phone and call in.
Make sure that FBHW call denverdave for consultation in any and every decision that is made. I would hate for him to get upset.
damn, i go to lunch and come back to a flaming. I grew up in West Michigan, got my degrees in Michigan and moved to a better job market less than a year ago. I miss my favorite morning radio show...podcasts aren't same. I asked people's opinion on a move for the show to the Central Time zone and I gave mine.

As was mentioned by someone else above, FBHW is a really interactive show unlike Howard Stern. Stern can be delayed and it won't affect listening. The only other syndicated shows I listen to are sports (which are also highly interactive) talk and those all seem to be on the West Coast or Chicago.

and madkathy, i'd bet i've been on the show more than you.
Dave, I was going to argue that people can disagree without it being a flame war, but then you went and wagered about your show "appearances" and I just can't defend someone who brags about how many phone calls they've made! LOL
The show is on from 5:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. EST... which is 4:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M. CST... your argument that being on an eastern time zone misses the key hours of 6:00 to 9:00 is wrong. You are still getting the show during the key hours.
kaboobie Wrote:The show is on from 5:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. EST... which is 4:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M. CST... your argument that being on an eastern time zone misses the key hours of 6:00 to 9:00 is wrong. You are still getting the show during the key hours.

Wouldn't you agree that the last hour of the show is mostly just "filler" material though?
denverdave Wrote:
kaboobie Wrote:The show is on from 5:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. EST... which is 4:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M. CST... your argument that being on an eastern time zone misses the key hours of 6:00 to 9:00 is wrong. You are still getting the show during the key hours.

Wouldn't you agree that the last hour of the show is mostly just "filler" material though?

because they talk about Grand Rapids stuff
From 9-10 ET they don't talk about GR stuff... Traditionally, the 9:00 hour was leftover stuff because several of the East Coast affiliates dropped off at 9:00, some so abruptly that they cut off part of the second-run WHWT.

Now, more of those affiliates are carrying the 9:00 hour of the show, so they are bringing more to it. Today they did the Gene Hackman interview in the 9:00 hour, along with the video game kid, and I'd be willing to bet at least the Hackman interview will get replayed tomorrow at an earlier time (prolly at 7 ET) for those affiliates and everyone else who can't hear the show at 9:00.

They really do try to make sure everyone can hear the best parts of the show no matter what time they are listening. That's why Dumber Than Zane got moved to 8:00 ET recently, and they're moving away from the Wheel of Bad Games time slot, which is 5:30 CT, too early for very many of those listeners to be up. The show is beginning to adjust to the move west, but I can't see it working for Mountain Time in its current slot.
denverdave,

STOP WHINING!

[Image: baby_crying.jpg]
dudeshadoway Wrote:From 9-10 ET they don't talk about GR stuff... Traditionally, the 9:00 hour was leftover stuff because several of the East Coast affiliates dropped off at 9:00, some so abruptly that they cut off part of the second-run WHWT.

Now, more of those affiliates are carrying the 9:00 hour of the show, so they are bringing more to it. Today they did the Gene Hackman interview in the 9:00 hour, along with the video game kid, and I'd be willing to bet at least the Hackman interview will get replayed tomorrow at an earlier time (prolly at 7 ET) for those affiliates and everyone else who can't hear the show at 9:00.

They really do try to make sure everyone can hear the best parts of the show no matter what time they are listening. That's why Dumber Than Zane got moved to 8:00 ET recently, and they're moving away from the Wheel of Bad Games time slot, which is 5:30 CT, too early for very many of those listeners to be up. The show is beginning to adjust to the move west, but I can't see it working for Mountain Time in its current slot.

BITCH BITCH BITCH!!
Listen on the podcast and stop whining.
If they want to grow a fan base they need to dump Zane. Idiot mouth breather.
notazanefan Wrote:If they want to grow a fan base they need to dump Zane. Idiot mouth breather.

The show would suck without Zane, he is the catalyst for all of the interesting, controversial topics.
denverdave Wrote:As FBHW continue to grow their listener base, I think they are eventually going to have to leave GR or more importantly, the Eastern Time Zone. I've listened to them for years on WGRD, but now that I live in Denver, I have to rely on podcasts. It seems to me that as they continue to add Central time zone listening areas, the radio stations are going to want them on the air during the key hours of 6AM to 9AM. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but that's the only way I'll ever get them live in Denver :o

So for all the Grand Rapids listeners, if FBHW move to the Central time zone, would it affect your listening?

Everyone is leaving Michigan for jobs anyways :-X

No one cares about the central time zone. This seems like YOUR problem and not a problem for the show in general. Besides, the guys are all from Michigan so I'm sure that unless an amazingly great offer came around they're rather live in their home state instead of moving for one crybaby guy in Denver.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
breadboy09 Wrote:[quote author=notazanefan board=general thread=189 post=2366 time=1213905640]If they want to grow a fan base they need to dump Zane. Idiot mouth breather.

The show would suck without Zane, he is the catalyst for all of the interesting, controversial topics.[/quote

Interesting? Not hardly. I hate how he berates his kids. He couldn't survive on his own.