Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow....FB&HW almost broke up?
Earlier in the show today (6/23/2008) FB and Zane were joking that it's now the "Free Beer and Zane Show" and FB started saying that it almost became that and said they would talk about in 10 years when it would be funny. He didn't go into detail only said that there was a lot of fighting.

Anyone know anything about that?
I have no clue, but i think it would only be right to know the story since they hinted at it and left us clueless.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Well if anyone can get a hold of them to tell us or something? It would be a good discussion for this last half hour of the show (gr listeners)
I got the vibe that it wasn't all that long ago, like maybe 2 years ago. His line about talking about it in 10 years was followed by something like "because it's still too new".
Maybe about the time that Zane & FB told HW to break up with that girl they didn't like? I know when they brought it up not long ago HW said, "I still get pissed thinking of that."

But then maybe not. This is kind of "Meta" show stuff instead of actual show stuff.
I think the whole break up thing was about 7 or 8 years ago, hotwings has been married for a while now so i don't think that would be it
HW got married a few years ago (maybe 3?) but always talked about his now wife before then. I've been listening for about 6 years now and I don't recall any tension, though there may well could have been that I didn't detect. I also heard a rumor that the reason they left Nashville had something to do with HW possibly being kicked off? Who knows, but I would be majorly upset if it became the Free Beer and Zane show.
That's what she said.
They left Knoxville, not Nashville. And that story they've talked about; that one I think it started out management wanted Zane gone, then I think it changed to they wanted HW gone, then I remember they said Zane blew up in the meeting and stormed out, and they reoffered HW a raise. Something like that all happened and I think that's when they decided to leave.

So I don't think that was what they are talking about because last year they went into great detail about it.
I got the impression that it just happened recently and the fact that they have not said where HW was Friday or today leads me to believe he needed a hiatus. They kept saying this morning that HW family was okay and he would be back tomorrow, so if he were on "vacation" they would have just said that. I don't know, and quite frankly, I guess it is none of my business!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Quote:I don't know, and quite frankly, I guess it is none of my business!!

Exalt.
If it's none of our business, then FB should have never brought it up. I'll grant you that they don't HAVE to tell us anything, but I hate it when they bring stuff up then only tell a small part of it.
it kind of is non of our business, but on the same hand as I have seen some people here say listening to them is kind of like just hanging out with friends, and I am sure alot of people here feel like that. It kind of interests you when people you look upon like that speak of problems, it is the same reason there was so much clammer for a little bit here on the board about the whole what happend with joe and nikki thing.
I assume we might here something about it tomorrow, albeit lie or truth, who actualyl knows
residentialevil Wrote:If it's none of our business, then FB should have never brought it up. I'll grant you that they don't HAVE to tell us anything, but I hate it when they bring stuff up then only tell a small part of it.

Well you definitely have a point there.

I started to wonder after I posted my first reply on this thread if maybe they even made up the "fight" idea and it was just another joke.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
It really bothered me that they kept saying over and over that HW was going to get fired and they hated him...i mean, I know it was a joke but they kept carrying it on and on and on making it seem like something was going to happen or that they wanted him gone. Whenever FB would say "just kidding", Zane would say, "I'm not. I hate that guy." Joke going to far...
Zane tries to keep to his personality though of "I am a badass and don't care about anyone but myself and don't care who it hurts in the way"

I would assume by this point FB&HW just let it slide off their shoulders, but I could be mistaken
Although it was funny, I sort of thought the whole "anti-HW" talk kind of went a bit too far, only in that they went on and on about it. I understood it Friday with Stephanie in there, but they were still doing it in the final hour today. And then the first hour they were talking about how neither of them hung out with HW and Zane talked about how awkward it was.

So while I assume it's just all good, it just seemed a bit weird how they kept talking about HW's absence.
The thing that pissed me off was that on Friday, they went through all of Hotwings faults, which is fine, but it would have been funnier if he would have been there to react. He gets so pompous and angry, plus they did it to Free Beer while he was there.

They've mentioned that whole, nobody goes to Hotwings' house and that he has his "own set of friends" pretty often. I wonder what that's about.
Ha, it seems funny that people would speculate that Hot Wings needed a timeout because everyone hates him....Hot Wings just had a committment, and he didn't know when it would happen, but he knew he would need Friday and Monday off.

If I had to guess about what Freebeer was referencing, my best guess would be when they had the issue with Hot Wings girlfriend. They all said it came to "it's her, or us", and that sounds like it must have been pretty serious. He couldn't have been referring to when Zane almost got fired and or when Hot Wings almost got fired...because that had nothing to do with them. they were cool, management wasn't.
But that can't be HW's girlfriend either, because they've talked about that in detail as well. Unless FB forgot that they've talked about it, which I doubt. Whatever it was, according to FB today it's not something they've talked about on-air.

I don't think his being out has anything to do with whatever FB is talking about or that there is any real "problem" with any of them.
HW Has been trying to get his wife pregnant hasnt he, so maybe hes got to wait till the moon is lined up with mars or something and then go lay pipe.
Wow! After I posted this I just realized I wasnt in the "Wheres Hot Wings" Thread But I guess this is kinda relevant to this one.........maybe
Yeah, that caught me off guard too. I think it happened more recently, probably since they
[quote="oldsquid"]Yeah, that caught me off guard too. I think it happened more recently, probably since they
Quote of the Day:
"I'm here working for the people. I'm causing dissent, stirring the pot, getting people to question the whole rotten system." - George Costanza
I thought I heard a reference on one of last week's shows where they asked HW a question about the coming weekend, and he said something to the effect of "it's hitting the fan", but he seemed to be making somewhat of a joke about a difficult situation that wasn't referenced. Anyone remember that?
dino Wrote:It amazes me that people would just show up at someones house. Have some F'n respect for their privacy for crying out loud!

Hell, I was worried about seeming like a rude rabid fan when I came up to say hi to Zane at a baseball game a couple years back!
good luck managing a dennys douchbag.
and good riddance fu** face.
yogurtsling Wrote:I thought I heard a reference on one of last week's shows where they asked HW a question about the coming weekend, and he said something to the effect of "it's hitting the fan", but he seemed to be making somewhat of a joke about a difficult situation that wasn't referenced. Anyone remember that?

I remember that as well. Obviously something happened within the family (maybe not between HW and his wife) but something that deemed his immediate attention to do whatever he had to do to help possibly. I am not thinking that he's leaving the show nor do I believe any theory of the show breaking up. Remember, FB always says they come in sick unless it's a dire emergency and that's the only time they do not show up for the show. Something happened that required HW's not being there....everyone just count to 10 and breathe.
[quote="dino"]
[quote="oldsquid"]Yeah, that caught me off guard too. I think it happened more recently, probably since they
Those are soundbytes they drop on the show, said by Bob Costas.
I know what they are, but where exactly does that belong here. If that was directed towards a post that was previous to him/her writing that it wouldn't really be proper to do here, basically there was no need for it.
mdrye Wrote:good luck managing a dennys douchbag.

SPEAKING OF bringing things up and dropping them - I want to know what went on in the neighborhood that got all of the hens upset. Something about a teenaged boy - they were really upset about it - but since they can't talk about it - someone fill me in!! I had a conference call that morning and missed the show!!! I'm dying to know!

residentialevil Wrote:If it's none of our business, then FB should have never brought it up. I'll grant you that they don't HAVE to tell us anything, but I hate it when they bring stuff up then only tell a small part of it.
17 year old kid tried to pick a fight with Zane at a surprise birthday party for the kid's parent. Zane got pissed off and went home in order to keep it from escalating and then talked about it on the air. The next day it was determined that talking about it on the air would not be a good idea so he is still pissed but then won't go into detail about it again.
Philly Mike Wrote:
mdrye Wrote:good luck managing a dennys douchbag.

as far as this goes.

why? seriously! what was the point of posting this?

It's a drop from the show that gets played on occasion. Personally I'd like to see people use a smiley after they use an insult drop from the show. It would help to keep from turning away lurkers.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
LimpBagel Wrote:17 year old kid tried to pick a fight with Zane at a surprise birthday party for the kid's parent. Zane got pissed off and went home in order to keep it from escalating and then talked about it on the air. The next day it was determined that talking about it on the air would not be a good idea so he is still pissed but then won't go into detail about it again.

I'm sorry but I thought that was a little childish on Zane's part. I don't think fighting solves anything. He was acting immature because he IS immature. That's when the adult acts like an adult and shows him in an adult manner how to act, not react in a child-like manner.
Queenie Wrote:
LimpBagel Wrote:17 year old kid tried to pick a fight with Zane at a surprise birthday party for the kid's parent. Zane got pissed off and went home in order to keep it from escalating and then talked about it on the air. The next day it was determined that talking about it on the air would not be a good idea so he is still pissed but then won't go into detail about it again.
I'm sorry but I thought that was a little childish on Zane's part. I don't think fighting solves anything. He was acting immature because he IS immature. That's when the adult acts like an adult and shows him in an adult manner how to act, not react in a child-like manner.

I think that's why he ended up doing what he did. Out of all of it though you really can't blame him for being pissed, he was punched for no reason, and the average 17 year old male especally an athletic one doesn't give off a soft punch either.
kids today.....no one to blame but ourselves and our peers, and rap music of course...
jus' P Wrote:kids today.....no one to blame but ourselves and our peers, and rap music of course...

And that damn Sasquatch.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I blame Hugh Jackman