Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Recommendations
This was something we used to do (they might still do it) on the musicianforums boards while i was still following those a few years back and it's a pretty fun idea.

Basically here is how it works, everyone listens to totally different bands and musicians, so why not share? So someone makes a couple suggestions of songs to listen to, preferrably adding general genre as well just as an indication. Any random person calls "dibs". Once dibs has been called, it is your job to go out there and find the entire song, or at least part of the song. Give it a listen, and then type of a few sentences on your thoughts on it. Some people liked to give an X out of 10 rating too, but id say thats personal choice.

Once you have posted your thoughts, you then add your own recommendations for someone, and the cycle continues.

Oh and by the way, so that the mods or boards dont have any problems, please don't post any copywritten material in the thread itself. Youtube has become a wealth of music, and there are other various sources out there (myspace is another good example) to which you can look. Of course youre welcome to preview and or buy songs in iTunes, Zune, Rhapsody or whatever. Just keep the boards clean.

I will also be more than happy to point anyone in the right direction of any suggestions I post, just send me a PM (or hell contact me on AIM i have my screenname listed in my profile).

Sorry I was a bit long winded there, it happens, but I will start:

1. "Unhealer" by Ihsahn [Progressive metal/rock]
2. "Go" by O.S.I. [Progressive Rock]
3. "Mega Man 2" by The Minibosses [Nintendo medley cover done with real instruments]
4. "Ballrog Boogie" by Diablo Swing Orchestra [Orchestral swing metal]
5. "Broken Man" by Corrosion of Conformity [Stoner rock]

Edited in: P.S. The idea is to do songs you have never heard before, so it would be pointless to suggest something like "Stairway to Heaven". And of course if you have heard of all the suggested songs, please don't call dibs ;D
check out these bands. i like em

the company band-(rock) features neil fallon of clutch and jess margera of cky

gogol bordello-(crazy gypsy music) amazing live perfomances, youtube 'em

one day as a lion-(rap/rock) zach de la rocha's new project

jah roots-(reggae) the only reggae i will listen to besides bob of course

puscifer-(experimental) from the one and only mjk!