Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just when you thought France couldn't suck any more...
Lush - being an individual who has been there, their opinions of Americans are no better than our opinions of them. I am a very well seasoned traveler. In my travels to non english speaking countries, the attitude towards helping foreigners has been very open. If you don't speak the language, they make an effort to understand you. If you attempt to speak their language, they appreciate the effort and try to help (in most cases). However, when I went to paris a few years ago, I was treated worse than GIP would be at an All-You-Eat Buffet. With my limited french, the arrogant pieces of shit, laughed in lieu of helping and even when the spoke english, the attitude was derogatory. It was like being surrounded by the worst New Yorker's (eehhhh...fuggetaboudit. Up yours buddy!). I can honestly say that there wasn't a single individual that I could classify as "friendly" or even helpful.

Fuck the french and all they're worth. Besides, how can you respect a country that idolized Jerry Lewis as a comedy god. Granted, 20 years ago - maybe. But in 2000 to say that Jerry is a genius? Puh-lease!

Messages In This Thread
Just when you thought France couldn\'t suck any more... - by tinymike - 07-21-2003, 02:38 PM
Just when you thought France couldn\'t suck any more... - by tinymike - 07-21-2003, 07:17 PM