Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
calling all those laid off
Philly Mike Wrote:
Imray_Pinasheep Wrote:I work for an auto supplier. I'm not officially laid off, but close enough. We have "rolling layoffs" throughout our plant.. One line at a time, for one or two weeks, is given time off. When they come back, another line has their turn.. The whole company was off for the weeks of Christmas/New Years, went back one week and our line was part of the first "roller". Just about went nuts spending that much time with my kids.. Hah. And next week, it's our turn again.. Hurrah.

must be a pain in the ass dealing with unemployment off and on.

Eh, it's not that bad most of the time. It took me two full days (calling a minimum of 40-50x/hour, constantly trying to file online while the site was more or less crashed due to the mass traffic) during the holiday shutdown, but otherwise it takes me about 10 minutes to file online and then another 10 minutes to call and claim by telephone. It's something I'd rather not deal with, though.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?

Messages In This Thread